• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This stable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

CPU idle- 35C
Motherboard idle-35C
P4 2.8C@3220mhz
FSB-230mhz
Bus Speed-920mhz
Vcore-1.6v
AGP Aperture Size-128mb
DTR-8x
Kingston DDR-SDRAM PC2700-512mb
Frequency-153.3
FSB: DRAM-3:2
2.5/4/4/8
Performance Mode-Standard (Won't let me do Turbo)

Looks OK to me. 35C is a nice temp, any idea how the temps are under load?

Have you tried any CPU stress programs to test stability?

I got Performance Mode set to Turbo
MAM enabled
Disabled USB Legacy
Disabled Spread Spectrum
set vcore to 1.600
set vdimm to 2.85
set FSB to 225
set DRAM Freq. to 320
set AGP to 1.600

PCmark04 was 3780
PCmark04 now is 4190

Haven't stressed yet is there anything else I can do before I stress it?

When I set the FSB to ~230 the vcore ranges from 1.600 to 1.680 in cpuid and asus probe is this safe?

Last edited:
yes... as asus mobo is known to have flactuates on vcore.. u can do the mods to fix it.. btw, i wonder y u set ur agp to 1.6v?

I read somewhere in this forum to set AGP to 1.6

Should I lower DRAM Freq. since I have crappy RAM?
Should I set AGP/PCI to 66/33?

Firestrider said:
I read somewhere in this forum to set AGP to 1.6

Should I lower DRAM Freq. since I have crappy RAM?
Should I set AGP/PCI to 66/33?

You are best locking the AGP and PCI frequencies. If you dont, when you overlock the FSB the AGP and PCI buses also become overclocked. This can limit FSB overclocking, and cause instability if devices cannot handle the overclocked PCI and AGP speeds. By locking AGP and PCI to 66 and 33MHz respectively you will avoid instability due to drives/devices not being able to handle overclocked AGP and PCI speeds.

supposedly upping the voltage for the agp will help with stability but i have tried this with no results. I will soon be getting some OCZ pc4200 ram and will be able to test this setting because right now i beleive my ram is holding me back. The AGP voltage supposedly will affect the NB.

omg is that really u Polargoat? havent seen u around... but anyways, my agp is 1.5v no probs here :)

Back