• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

looking for a good reservoir and pump.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supergt99

i have been looking for a decent reservoir. most of the ones that i looked at are clear plastic which i am afraid could develop leaks. im looking for something that might be a bit more reliable and still look clean and profesional. i see some look like old bottles and such and trying to stray away from that. so what have most of you guys been using for a reservoir?

also looking at pumps. what do you guys recommend for 110v pumps? it going on a 3.0e overclocked cpu with a swiftech water block. im looking for a quiet reliable pump. could i just buy an aquarium pump locally? walmart? thanks

The "I want a quiet reliable pump" has been covered many times :) You can try a search on the topic for more discussion.

A recap: The new D4 is suppose to be very very quiet and one of the best performers. To me, this is the best deal right now. The MCP600 is always really good in situations where you need a lot of head. These two are the higher end pumps that perform very well and aren't too highly priced ($75 range). If you want ultimate quietness with the sacrifice of performance, you can always go with the Enheim 1048. Enheim quality is very good. The Enheim 1250 is also a nice pump but for the price, you might as well go with the D4 since it performs better than the 1250.

My experience with local Pets Mart and walmart is they don't have the pumps we need. Petsmart has on their website the mag3, but they usually don't have that in stores.

As for resevoirs, you can always custom make one. Get a container, dremel, barbs, and glue...oh and time :). Just make sure you leak test it. After using a resevoir for a couple of months, I've decided to switch back to a T-line. It'll put my heart more at ease; one less thing that can leak ;)

well i ended up buying the eheim 1048. it will work for now. ill get another pump in the future.

Back