• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Going NUTS!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike360000

Don't know what happened, but now every time I close certain program such as Acrobat Reader, Word and I forget what else, I get an error that says ****(program name).exe Apllication error The program has committed errors at ******(such locations) and cannot be shut down. Press End Now to shut down the program.

Here is an actual example, though they differ a little from different programs.

"Fix-It.exe - Application Error
The exception Illegal Instruction
An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.
(0xc000001d) occured in the application at location 0x7c35f0cb.

Click on OK to terminate the program"

This is driving me absolutely nuts. Anyone have any ideas what's causing this?
I'm begging!

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:
Which OS Mike?...and your system spec's including any OC wouldn't hurt either. I think the first thing I'd suggest doing would be to test your RAM using Memtest86.

Gee any idea?
My IE is having this problem real bad, and it's hanging.
Always the same location at (0xc000001d) occured in the application at location 0x7c35f0cb.

Seems it's the same location for all my errors.
Need some ideas.
I will run a memory tester later today, but would still like any ideas as to the cause of the problem.

Thanks,
Mike

OK I've ran DocMemory testing the memory and it showed fine. I then switched memory modules in oppisite slots. I still am getting the exact same error.

I'm desperate! HELP!

Mike

I'm not familiar with DocMemory, which is why I suggested Memtest86. I would download Memtest86+ v.1.20 from their site here...

http://www.memtest.org

...and let it run for at least a couple of hours, preferrably overnight (unless errors are seen immediately). If any errors at all are found, lower your OC and/or loosen your RAM timings and run the test again. If no problems are found with your RAM using Memtest86, then test the HDD(s) with a diagnostic utility from the manufacturer. The power supply may be going bad or be inadequate for the devices you have in the system. IOW, I think your problem is hardware related, and I would suggest testing as much of it as possible with the tools available.

Back