• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DTEK WW ALU Top?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nuclear_Fuzion

I'm looking at getting a new block for my S939 FX-53, and I love the DTEK WW. I've heard horror stories though of their lapping jobs, and their tops cracking causing failure.

Are the newer WW units still having trouble with the bad bases? Are the Alumnium topped units still prone to cracking?

I'm only H20 cooling the CPU, so my 1250 should push the WW pretty well. I just want to make sure I'm making a worth while investment for CPU.

The new WW have an optical finish. One of the best finishes bar none. If you are wary of cracking, go ahead and get aluminum top. I have a poly top and I'm not too worried. Just don't over compress the springs.

The aluminum tops never cracked (that would be a whole lot of pressure). Clear (acryllic, lucite, ect) tops are the ones that can crack. That's a concern on any clear topped block though, not just the WW.

Metal is crackable under the right conditions. You would have to work hard to do it to something like a WB top though. :bang head

Back