PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Delete Netscape Email Account

ZhengHe
07-25-04, 09:40 PM
I've been trying for some while to delete my netscape email account, but haven't yet succeeded. I looked in the Netscape email help section and they didn't help much either. Does anyone know a way to totally erase my netscape email account so that my account and my netscape email address no longer exist and I cannot sign into netscape anymore?

turd
07-25-04, 09:51 PM
Not sure if your just talking about your communicator account stored in the settings for netscape, if thats it and its been a while since ive messed with netscape, i think you just need to delete the "user" folder in the netscape folder.

dicecca112
07-25-04, 10:30 PM
if you are talking online don't think its possible. I have had mine since 2001. just signed in to it, and found it's still active after 3 years

RedDeathDrinker
07-26-04, 03:58 AM
ZhengHe, are you trying to get rid of your online identity completely????

https://myaccount.netscape.com/deactivate.psp is where you want to go.......

ZhengHe
07-26-04, 09:35 PM
In a matter of speaking. All I want to do is completely delete my email account, so it no longer exists. I followed your link but I tried signing into my account today and I was still able to. I'd like a way so that no one can sign or use that account anymore, not even me. I think netscape said that it would delete account fully in, like 90 days, so I'll try that. Thanks for the responses. If anyone has anymore ideas, please post.

PS: Btw turd I tried to try your idea, but I couldn't find a way to do it, thanks anyway :).