• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much have your temps dropped when...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nissmo300

How much have your temps dropped when YOU switched from air to water?

What's the difference in stock?

Whats the difference when OCed?

stock air on xp+2500 @ 1.71v OC to 2.2ghz (11*200) 55C idle/59C load
setup in sig same chip, volts, and OC 40-43C idle/44-46 Load (depending on ambient.)

havent messed with the temps on stock speed. but what really counts in the temp game, is voltage.

i think only several if any at all know real die tempreture. most of us rely on the temp-diode in the mobo. so temp readings are different on different mobo, with different BIOS versions, different air cooling, greases etc.

anyhow, if it will help idle temps droped by 7C and load temps by 25C. comparing original intel HSF with the WC listed below.

With stock cooling on a 2.8c i was getting 48c idle and 58 on load. I had 2 120mm and 1 80mm intake. With water cooling i can get 31c idle and 38 max WITH MY FANS AT HALF SPEED AND A 2.8c @ 3.4 and a 9800 pro at 456.

Water cooling if and only if done right is worth every penny. Its quite in my house now, and my system is better to boot.

I switched from a SP97 with a tornado and still got a 6-8C drop at full load. I'm running a 2500M at 2.7G at 2V. I also got a huge drop in the noise level.
Bonneville HC
Mag3
TDK

Temps didnt matter to me then, but its lots quieter, and my temps are like 5 above ambient so im happy.

Actually, I couldn't compare the two. I've watercooled exclusively since AMD released their 450Mhtz cpu...

But I shoot for the quietness of it. You have to strain to hear if mine is running without sitting infront of it. I often use the Antec blue LED's on my Sonata to tell if it's on, since the monitor goes black automaticly.
Just the way I like it.

well, going from a swiftech mcx4000/tornado i was getting 42c/48c.
with water... I can't tell which computer is turned on and temps 37c/40c.

Back