• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My WC project is Done-are my temps okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jojo1971

watercooled.jpg

LianLi PC65B case
2 x 80mm radiator
Swiftech MCW6002 CPU block
Swiftech MCW50 GPU block
3 x WD hard drives
AquaExtreme 12V pump
ATI X800XT
1 x optical drive
550W PSU

--------------------------------------------------
I have 2 x 80mm fans blowing towards the 2 radiators in the front. I have 1 x 80mm fan in the back.-- at full load (prime95) cpu temp is 42-43C / case temp is 36C..ARE MY TEMPS TOO HIGH? ANY INPUTS?

Do this:

Run a single session of prime95, along with a single session of ATITool in "Scan for Artifacts" mode (not the find max core / max mem!) This will fully load your GPU as well as your CPU, which will give you a better idea of your max temps.

When just priming, my CPU doesn't hit much more than 40-42c. But when ATITooling and priming, the temp shoots to like 45c and my GPU temp raises to 42c.

damn, those temps are water cooling? Those temps are celcius right? i hope so becuase i get 38c idle and 43max and i use air cooling.

SportyGuy220 said:
damn, those temps are water cooling? Those temps are celcius right? i hope so becuase i get 38c idle and 43max and i use air cooling.

thats becuz he has a x800 xt and a small rad

Albuquerque said:
Do this:

Run a single session of prime95, along with a single session of ATITool in "Scan for Artifacts" mode (not the find max core / max mem!) This will fully load your GPU as well as your CPU, which will give you a better idea of your max temps.

When just priming, my CPU doesn't hit much more than 40-42c. But when ATITooling and priming, the temp shoots to like 45c and my GPU temp raises to 42c.

youre right, i did ATITOOL + Prime95 =temp now rose up to 46C..

my setup last year was better than this one (WW + 1250 + 120mm radiator)..

i think i should leave this rig alone til i get a bigger case or maybe a vapochill/ prommy.. and use this WC setup just for the GPU...

Back