• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monstrous iwaki shoved into a case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

runsalone

Well I'll be a macintosh user, it actually fit!!
Now I just need that 6800 waterblock.

iwaki.jpg

Uh, where's the rest of the gear going to go? Like heatercore or what not. If you got an external setup, then why not house the big pump in that instead? The pump is kinda overkill if it's just a GPU cooling loop. :rolleyes:

That mother will pump water through a fire hydrant!!! That thing is BIG!!! Why such a big pump? That thing must put out a lot of heat and noise.

klath said:
The pump is kinda overkill if it's just a GPU cooling loop. :rolleyes:
Hehe, if you think that is overkill, wait til you see what i have planned. And why is overkill a bad thing? :)

overkill LOL that isnt a word used offen in overclocking errr well kinda ummm screw it it is used alot but who cares your system
hook it up to your house water supply and turn on the facuet LOL
looks sweet what kind of psi are you looking at with that monster

Yeah, there's no way my heatercore would fit in that case. I ordered a chieftec dragon full tower to put my watercooling stuff in. It's basically the same case as I have now, but about 6 inches taller. I just wanted to see if my iwaki WMD-20RLT would fit in the bottom of the case with the agp/pci cards there.

Yeah, that pump is going to be on a loop with only a GPU waterblock. Can't wait for that dangerden block.

(rest of the stuff)

wc.jpg

Overkill as in the money can be dumped somewhere else to get better performance. I don't think they make restrictive enough GPU blocks to justify the high head pressure and there is a such thing as having too powerful of a pump. Ie. Mag 3 > Mag 5 even though Mag 5 is more powerful. Haven't seen any impingement style GPU blocks either. You might as well add a 200+W peltier if you can afford to dump that much on GPU cooling alone.

klath said:
Overkill as in the money can be dumped somewhere else to get better performance. I don't think they make restrictive enough GPU blocks to justify the high head pressure and there is a such thing as having too powerful of a pump. Ie. Mag 3 > Mag 5 even though Mag 5 is more powerful. Haven't seen any impingement style GPU blocks either. You might as well add a 200+W peltier if you can afford to dump that much on GPU cooling alone.

Then when he wants to cool his cpu he dosent have to buy more powerful stuff because he wasted his money on weakers components at first.

If the pump puts more heat in the water than the GPU then it is overkill. What kinda heat load is your GPU producing and what heat load does the pump produce? The Iwaki is a pretty good piece of hardware so maybe you'll come out ahead. :cool:

Back