• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ASUS Probw

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SirOddball

Registered
ASUS Probe

I have a P4C-800e Deluxe with a P4 3.0c and was just wondering if ASUS Probe gives an accurate temperature reading. Right now it's the only thing I have to see the temp of the CPU and mobo. FSB @ 240 and it idles at 37 C and on load is at 51 C (according to ASUS Probe). Is this ok? It's my first build and OC so I'm still getting the hang of this stuff. The computer seems to run stable, just worried about my temps. I'm thinking about replacing my Zalman ALCU heatsink with the Zalman all copper.

SirOddball

r u ocing? btw, welcome to the forums :) the latest asus probe is stable... and yes i guess ur temps are ok :D

LOL, my IC7-G reads 50c idle and 63c under load. My cpu temps were actually lower than my system temps on the Asus. They are all different and I would only trust a thermal probe for surface temps. Core temps are gonna be a shot in the dark.

Back