• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to on firefox?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TalRW

Just switched over to firefox and I really like it. One thing does bug me, I feel like kinda a old dog so i'm having a hard time learning new tricks. On IE you could ctrl-O and you can type in a webaddress. I've been kinda used to that feature because I feel like bringing the mouse to the address bar every time is a complete waste of time. Is there a hot key in firefox so that I can automatically bring the cursor up to the address bar because if i hit ctrl-o it tries to open some files.

Edit: Looked around in the help menu and the closest thing is ctrl-L not exactly the same but it's good enough

Last edited:
Whenever I click on links I get an annoying message. Say for instance I click a link in someone's info on AIM. I get a "program not found" message, and then an Unknown Handler dialogue box. Anyone know how to resolve this?

lostshoe420 said:
Whenever I click on links I get an annoying message. Say for instance I click a link in someone's info on AIM. I get a "program not found" message, and then an Unknown Handler dialogue box. Anyone know how to resolve this?

Is this in firefox? or IE? The information is very vague. What OS are you using and version of Aim.... A well worded/different thread would be best and easier to find for many members of this forum.

TeuffelHunden said:
not sure about that, but you can cut down your time by using control-enter. ie: you can type "ocforums" into the address bar and hit control-enter, and it'll add the www and .com for you. just a neat shortcut
I like that too. I also like to go to "view, toolbars, cusomize" drag and drop everything. Add stuff, remove stuff, works great!
lostshoe420 said:
I get that when I use my SuSE 9.0 box.

Back