• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wont post at a 3:2 ratio.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sucky noob

hey guys, my comp wont post when i set the cpu memory ratio to 3:2, even when that ratio has the memory running at stock speeds. Currently, i have the ratio set at 5:4, and the ram is overclocked from 200 to 225, so i know its possible to get above stock even though it is bargain brand. is there anything i can do with the timings or something to get it to work

Do you have timings set at 3-4-4-8?

If I remember correctly, 3:2 places more stress on the mem controller than 5:4 (or is it the other way around?), so that may account for it.

Have you tried with 3:2 at stock (IE 2.4 ghz) speeds and then slowly bumping up the FSB to see how high you can go?

nah, i havent tried that, perhaps i will...
the timings are 2-7.5-3-3, would changing somehow help the situation?

If i could get the 3:2 ratio to work, i could probably get a way gnarlier OC.

oops, pardon me, the settings are 2.5-7-3-3.

What could i change that would give me a better chance of at least getting a post at a 3:2 ratio?

ok, i tried setting the cpu to stock and setting the ratio to 3:2. The highest overclock i could get was 3.4 on the cpu, which put the memory at 189mhz. In order to do this, i actually tightened the timing from 2.5 to 2. But this oc doesnt do me much good, when i can get 3.3ghz and 225mhz on the memory at the 5:4 ratio. This is so wierd that my memory simply wont run at a 3:2 ratio

still cant get it. should i change the N/B strap to anything? right now it's set at "by cpu". This is just wierd that i cant get the memory to run at stock speeds at the 3:2 ratio. Could the problem be my CPU?

Back