• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wtf?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

boogy

Registered
Well today my computer crashed for the first time since I got it ...I have a computer with one gig of ram and i checked task manager and it said it was using 0.97 GB of my ram??

I find this worrying when I only had very windows open...anyone know a program which will make sure it won't go over using a certain amount of ram and/or that it automatically closes procceses running in the background that I don't need to use??

I have one gig of samsung PC3200 ram latencies 3-3-3-8
Which I have been told sucks!

When I checked task manager i forget to find out which one procces was using all the ram but i think it said something like 000,000K (0's mean numbers) but i think 000,000K is a lot of Mem usage! :eek:

help Me please thanks a lot you guys!

boogy said:
Well today my computer crashed for the first time since I got it ...I have a computer with one gig of ram and i checked task manager and it said it was using 0.97 GB of my ram??

I find this worrying when I only had very windows open...anyone know a program which will make sure it won't go over using a certain amount of ram and/or that it automatically closes procceses running in the background that I don't need to use??

I have one gig of samsung PC3200 ram latencies 3-3-3-8
Which I have been told sucks!

When I checked task manager i forget to find out which one procces was using all the ram but i think it said something like 000,000K (0's mean numbers) but i think 000,000K is a lot of Mem usage! :eek:

help Me please thanks a lot you guys!

No Windows process will use that much...you have something else going on. Find the name of the program in task manager.

In the future, it will help to work your thread title better, as well. Many peopl won't visit a thread with this title.

Are you still having the problem after rebooting? Occasionally a program will die with a memory leak which will suck up an inordinate amount of resources, but this would likely be fixed by a restart.

What applications do you have running at startup and when the problem occurs?

PS. Your post doesn't make a whole lot of sense either, at one point you say it was using .97GB and at another you say it was using 000,000 KB? Is that just a typo and you meant 100,000 KB?

i think hes just substituting the "0" for numbers he couldn't remember and he thought that the amount of usage was more than normal.

Back