• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Memory Timmings Ustable w/ 3dmark

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lefty24

Registered
Hey, after I started tweaking my memory (Apacer 333mhz 2x512mb) I would run Prime95 just under the benchmark test and it would pass. Then when I would try 3Dmark01 SE or 3Dmark03 it would go into the test for a little bit...then just boot out and go into the windows desktop. Does this mean the timmings are unstable. But Prime95 passed? I would like to try to get 3Dmark to work so I can see the change. My friend tried 3Dmark on his computer too, but he doesn't overclock and it kicked out like mine did. So is this a stability issue?

AMD ATHLON XP 2500+ at 3200+
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe 2.0
EVGA GEFORCE FX 5200 ULTRA
APACER 333mhz 2x512mb
SEAGATE 120gb 7200rpm
1 DVD-ROM
1 CD-RW
1 Floppy
RAIDMAX CASE
THERMALTAKE 420w PUREPOWER

are you sure, b/c I can run sandra, all my games, prime95, memtest, etc, with no errors no problems, then I try to run 3dmark 2001, and it gets dumb(drops to windows). I can even run 3dmark 03 without a single glitch, I really dont think Its a stability issue with my machine???

I have the same problem as [DAD]MeR|iN. I can do everything execpt 3dmark. I'll try updating drivers AGAIN but like before I don't think its stability. And I think [DAD]MeR|iN would agree it is quite annoying not to see the improvments on your system. So if anyone has any good ideas...tell them

Did you guys try Memtest86+?
Sometimes running Prime95 for 6 hours wouldn't catch anything.
I find that the test with the flying dragon in 3Dmark2001 is really good at catching instabilities. It's really sensitive to memory timings. If you're getting kicked to desktop at that test then it's the memory.

i use memtest86+ for my stability test as well as sandra, prime95, and hours of gaming on dif games. everything works wonderfully except 3dmark 2001 (se), It boots me almost everytime after the first matrix type scene, low detail. Like lefty said its annoying not being able to see my improvements, I'm going to try to change my timings to 2-2-2-5 and see what happens... if yah got any ideas please chuck em my way, 3d mark is getting :bang head

Back