• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP crash fix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

For over a year I had problems with windows loosing the bootldr and had to reformat and re-install the @%#^$* software to get my rig up and running no matter what else I tried to fix it.

The BSOD was a recurring visitor to my humble PC. Many nights were spent stressing over the cause of this haunting nightmare.

I bought a new HDD. I cursed Bill Gates. I changed the RAM. I cursed Bill Gates. I sent back the MoBo. I cursed Bill Gates somore. I bought another HDD. I took off all the software. I cursed Bill Gates a lot more.

Finally I bought a new PSU. Hallelujah! my problems are solved. No more BSOD, no more lost bootldr.dll and no more problems. So if your box is having weird problems, check your PSU. P4 systems are gluttons for electricity.

BTW, I still curse Bill Gates out of habit.

Teh P5U R 50 Und3R473d! ;)

Hardware swapping not fixing your problem - replace the PSU. Often overlooked, often the source of evil.

Back