• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-MAX3 fan loudness?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Solari

Registered
How loud is the OTES-fan in the IC7-MAX3? Does it run evenly all the time or is it temp-controlled? I have watercooling on my cpu/northbridge/gpu, so the OTES-fan would be the only loud fan in this case.

Yes, it runs all the time and it's temperature controlled if you switch it from BIOS (FanEQ) or if you're using AbitEQ(Smart Fan Enabled). And how loud, it depends what you can handle ;) 40x40mm fan running ~5000rpm. And if you didn't know it runs with same speed as Northbridge fan.

The northbridge fan&sink will come off eventually, when I install the watercooling set. :) I'm just worried that it's required that the OTES-fan is at full speed when you overclock, as I'm going to (striving for 4GHz). The components will heat up pretty much, and then the fan should be able to pull out all that hot air inside. If not, the system becomes unstable, correct? :bang head

Maybe the IC7-G would be a better choice for me, since it hasn't got the OTES-sh*t? :)

oh douh, you don't hear it?! Personally I can say it's too loud for me. I use FanEQ to get CPU, NB & OTES-fans running at 70% speed when CPU temps are below 50, after CPU temps pass it they're all running at 100%.

And Solari, if you're worried about that so much, buy IC7-G and passive heatsinks ;)

Back