• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Olympus Camedia Master Setup Not Running Correctly, Help :confused:.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZhengHe

Olympus Camedia Master Setup Not Running Correctly,Help.

I had a old Olympus Camedia Master program that I had left in my computer from when I had, had an older camera, and now I have a new one, so I decided to uninstall it. When I went to uninstall the file from my control panel in the add/remove programs section it said "Error Extracting support files. Interface not registered."

Undettered I went into my folders and deleted everything assosiated with the program I could find. I went to try to uninstall the program again and the same error message came up. Well, I figured, maybe if I install the new program it will be copied over the older programs' folder and thus delete the older program.

I ran the new CD and I went to install it (Its called Olympus Camedia Master 4.1. The older version was called 4.0.) and the setup began and then immediately it stopped and gave me that same error message "Error Extracting support files. Interface not registered."

Does anyone have experience with Olympus Cameras/ programs and have any idea what went wrong and what I can do to fix this so that the setup actually runs? Any help would be appreciated, thanks :).

Never used an Olympus camera or any of its software, but have experienced the same problem when trying to uninstall certain drivers and programs in the past. An error like this usually means the uninstaller is corrupted. You could try visiting Olympus' website to see if they have an uninstaller utility (some manufacturers do this. For instance ATI has an uninstaller for its drivers in case you have problems uninstalling it), or try a third party uninstaller program. I've use one called Your Uninstaller. It works pretty well. Recently Battlefield 1942 quit working for no good reason on my machine and I couldn't un-install it. However I did using Your Uninstaller. It's a free download for like 30 days here:

http://www.download.com/Your-Uninstaller-2004-Pro/3000-2096-10276545.html?tag=lst-0-1

Thanks DMac, I'll try it out right away. You know any good third party installer programs by chance, because I got the same error when I tried installing. I don't know, maybe the 2 problems are linked.

Back