• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sp2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Stiffler69

will i need to reinstall my windows xp now cause i installed service pack 2 last night and its running sweet, i love the popup blocker and other features. will i have to reinstall windows?

"Hey guys my PC is working great, will I have to reinstall Windows now?"

*insert Linux joke here*

Are you asking if it will eventually expire? Not to my knowledge.

I think me mean's when the final SP2 comes out what will he have to do?
I know when everyone moved to SP2 RC2 you had to uninstall SP2 RC1... and well I just don't like uninstalling service pack's.

But when final SP2 comes out you should either...
A. be able to install right over what you have now or
B. uninstall SP2 then install final SP2.

mine already runs great on the beta..so if i need to uninstall the beta to install the final ill pass till its time to format again..like i said in the thread i started(didnt notice this thread till the other was already up)i am quite pleased with the pop up stopper and active x blocker..it also has much better firewall options than before..

PCGUY112887 said:
I think me mean's when the final SP2 comes out what will he have to do?
I know when everyone moved to SP2 RC2 you had to uninstall SP2 RC1... and well I just don't like uninstalling service pack's.

But when final SP2 comes out you should either...
A. be able to install right over what you have now or
B. uninstall SP2 then install final SP2.

thank you u very much that is exactly what i asked for.

Back