• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two WindowsXP Installations

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dreamtfk

This morning I ran a repair on my installation of WindowsXP and when it was finished and rebooted I found out that I now have Windows installed on both my drives and it is booting to the new installation (which means I've lost all my settings). Is it possible to safely remove the extra installation of windows?

First try to remove the second drive and see if it boots from drive 1,if it does u can erase drive 2

Well the problem seems to have gotten worse. I restarted and it asked me which WindowsXP i wanted to boot to and I tried the second one (the original installation that I tried to repair) and I received a blue screen of death. I''m about to run a chkdsk on that drive through the recovery console.

If it boots to the second disk START IT to that disk.Then drag all the files from the first disk to the second and do a fresh install to disk 1..

Im just gonna keep the new installation and completely erase the drive w/the original installation on it.

Back