• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help Please Im Dieing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

confused

IC7 G No Monitor Feed

Ok,

built a few rigs in the past and have never had one "not" post to bios screen. Please can someone get me out of this mess. :bang head :bang head :bang head :drool: :drool: :drool:

This is a system for a friend and im up against the wall on this one
IC7 G
430 Antec True Power
80 Gig WD
ATI 9800 256 Meg
512 Meg Corsair DDR500
2.8 P4 C
LiteOn 16x52x32x52

System will power up (little LED in corner turns red) all the fans spool up HD spools up, but moniter reports that there is no signal, i pulled the card out put it in my rig and works fin, i hooked the monitor up to my rig and that also works fine, i have double checked that all the cables are hooked up properly, and that there was power to the Vid card, im going insane here, can or will anyone lend me a hand or some ideas, im going to pull the system out and try it on card board to make sure its not some type of grounding issue with the case next.

Please someone help me

confused

Last edited:
I have built the thing on card board and same thing no display.

going to swap out CPU's and try that

any ideas now?

swapped out CPU's

2.8C ---> 2.4C (one that i thought was fried)

i am posting, this is with no screw down force on the heatsink i pulled out the cpu and then just placed the heatsink on top of the cpu it posted fine

ill be trying the 2.8 again by setting the heatsink on instead of screwing down completely

problem could be the tightness of the heatsink on the cpu die (fingers crossed)

heat sink is slk900u with neo backplate instead of standard back plate

hmmm, i'll try to think about some more things to try. did you try putting a video card from the working computer into it? Also post if you find there is a difference in heatsink pressure. I feel like I tighten down too much and sometime when I make adjustments to it, It affects my stability. Also My comp was giving me some bs yesterday after I changed NB, It turns out i blew some dust and fuzz into the agp slot, so I cleaned it out and things are working better so far.

Swapped the 2.8 Back and just set the heatsink on it and nothing no post, so im guessing that the cpu is bad? any ideas?

veryhummid,

tried working card nothing, and i verified that the card is in fact working on my rig, it posts but only with my 2.4C

im going to screw down the heatsink and find out what happens (fingers crossed)

Does anyone know what i can do with a bad cpu, is there any way to RMA the thing ? i purchased it through zipzoomfly if that helps please anyone i need some advice on this

. if it was an oem ur probably out of luck, however length of reseller gaurentee depends on the reseller, so u have to contact them and find out. if youve had it a significant amount of time and its a retail u may be required to rma thru intel...

Dear Kurt,

Below is the number that you need to contact for your warranty service on the item. Sorry we cover this product 30 days only. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Service/Return.jsp

INTEL Customer Service at 1-800-628-8686

Thanks,
ZipZoomFly rma

At 08:27 PM 7/26/2004 -0700, you wrote:

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Reason: Defective
ProductDesc: 2.8C Intel P4
PurchaseDate: Monday June 21 2004
Serialnumber: 80656-800
Description: System was built for customer, customer complained about constant time errors during use and also some misc. restarts, i ordered new MB (order number Z2@#%$!% IC7 G) thinking it was the reoccurring problem i have been having with Asus P4C800E dlx boards of "system failed cpu test" i have RMA'd that board 3 times (to asus, this will be #4), regardless my customer wanted a 2.8 is there any way i can get this replaced through ZipZoomFly or through Intel, what are my options?
Ordernumber: Z@#$!@%
preference: Repair
CustomerId: Kurt VanLente

Looks like it get to battle it out with ChipZilla :argue: :cry:

Back