• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Complete Noob Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
normally you pull the end plug off, or the cap, or whatever you used to cap it. Generally when your pump is on, its sucking the water through the line, thus pulling the water down, and not pushing it up.

Yeah I'm just really paranoid that water is going to shoot out. And I'm don't want to pay 25+ for a res. What do you use to cap it?

yeah I searched found a thread that sad that Hardware stores sell plugs for 1/2ID tubing. Me dumb, should have searched better. Thanks guys.

its weird but it wont shoot out, i thought it would too i had it run with the cap off on mine for about 2 hours and i frequently poured water in it so you should be fine. Use a funnel to pour water in it helps alot

yes the pump will NOT shoot water out of the verticle end of a t-tube becuase of bernoulli's principal (the water flow in the horizontal part of the tube causes lower pressure and thus actually sucks the water down in vertical part of the tube). However, that said, you do want to have some kind of a cap to prevent particles and impurities from getting into your system and to keep the water from evaporating from your system.

Back