• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a question on a idea i had

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sonicdrive

you know that really fine graphite that is used in some fancy desk orbs that spins and you can see the water swirl in it i was wondering if that could be used if it was small enough
THO I FIG IT WOULD CLOG THE SYSTEM but it was a idea

Even if it didn't clog, the particles would cause excessive wear on the pump and other parts.

Not something that I would try.

ahh it was a idea i had when i was walking threw spencers lol owell just something that took up space on the form

Rheoscopic fluid is what that stuff is called

:thup:
This stuff is non-toxic, does not react with anything will not stain, comes in many colors, Can be pumped, or will flow with heat (we all have lots of that available!) and is reasonably cheap! :cool:

A 100 Rheoscopic Fluid, 16 oz . . . . . . . . $6.95
A 105 Rheoscopic Fluid, 32 oz . . . . . . . . $11.95
A 110 Rheoscopic Fluid, gallon . . . . . . . $36.95

I would not use it in a WC system directly, apparently it will grow some things. Also, since it is made with microscopic Mica, I really doubt it will cool components very well, and might clog things if your block is a little scummy inside.

Edit: Another thing: If your pump operates at a high volume, I really doubt if you would see anything swirling or whatever.

Last edited:
Back