• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished watercooled PC project!! *PICS*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoffyDude

Registered
I FINALLY got my watercooled PC project done, and figured I would share the pics with you guys. In case y'all don't remember, here's the pics from the beginning:

Phase I

Phase 2

Phase 3 (DONE!)

Let me know what you guys think!

EDIT: for those of you using firefox, press refresh after you've clicked the link. It will then display the pictures.

ALSO: I know the wires need help, I threw everything together just to take pics. I have zipties galore waiting to be used.

EDIT x2: Here's an ImageLink gallery link for those with browser difficulties.
http://www.imagelink.org/?galid=67

Last edited:
jenkx said:
Looks really good. Just need to clean up the wires.

Yeah, I have a bag of zipties just waiting to be deployed, and i have some rounded cables to use as well.

Definitely looking good, and yeah the wires need to be cleaned up, but the rest is looking great. I like the psu down there its a very good idea. And intake fans in the front would be good too.
TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy143 said:
Definitely looking good, and yeah the wires need to be cleaned up, but the rest is looking great. I like the psu down there its a very good idea. And intake fans in the front would be good too.
TheNewGuy
The rear 80mm fans blow inward instead of outward...I figured that would be decent enough. and the fan in front of the HD blows in.

Big_Baller said:
Very nice. Congrats. I'm liking it. You might consider putting a shroud on the rad.
:attn:

It's double shrouded! take a look at the pics again.

GoffyDude said:
The rear 80mm fans blow inward instead of outward...I figured that would be decent enough. and the fan in front of the HD blows in.

Any reason why you did this? i would think this would cause negative air pressure in your case....

Should be on sucking in - front bottom and one sucking out - top back - these gives the best results for air flow.

if it was me i would have combined the 2 pluge in the back so it wasn't possible to use the comp without the water on so the less computer fluent people wont mess up ur rig.
but it is fine this way too :)
also i dont think those shrouds do a whole lot in terms of killing the deadspot and spreading the air over the whole core.
you should ditch them and build some your self and it would be better.
sorry i dont mean to complain about everything i just got off work :)
looks good, i want to see more pics with the 4th fan and the wiring dleaned up
keep up the good work.

magick_man said:
if it was me i would have combined the 2 pluge in the back so it wasn't possible to use the comp without the water on so the less computer fluent people wont mess up ur rig.

The pump runs on 12V DC with a Molex connector. I was originally going to use a Mag 3 and that's what the A/C plug in the back is for. But I ditched the mag and went with the aquaxtreme(swiftech mcp600 rev. 2) instead.

There's not really any negative pressure in the case, when I put the side on the airflow stays the same with all four fans blowing in the same direction. I'll clean up the wires tomorrow and bring more pics!

Back