• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Finished new watercooling setup (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Codeman05

Well, just finished my latest watercooling project.
This time using a slightly smaller case and watercooling an Athlon 64 and a X800 Pro.

Parts:
Hydor L35
Chevette Heater Core w/ 1x120mm fan
Maze 4 CPU Block
Maze 4 GPU Block
Danger Den UV 1/2" ID tubing

The CPU is running at 2.4GHz w/ 1.65v, and the GPU is at 630MHz @ 1.67v.
Cpu temps: Idle=40c Load=46c
Gpu temps: Idle=36c Load=41c
Ambient: 27c

I'm really pretty impressed with the performance of this setup so far. Particulary with only 1 80cfm fan, wasn't sure if that was gonna cut it. My x800 temps were around 48c/66c before, so the water seems to have helped alot. Our AC just died, but I'm about to move, so I'm curious to see how an ambient temp closer to 20c will do to my temps

The tubing looks pretty good and bends extremely well without kinking.
I'm going to add some blue uv die later and see if that makes it glow any more, or just makes it darker. Right now the water is just distilled with water wetter

And here are a few pictures:
Lights on
lights-on1.jpg

UV CC's
side1.jpg

Closed up
side2.jpg

Last edited:
What speed Athlon 64 do you have, what FSB are you using? And what motherboard is that? I am most likely going to do watercooling, especially since I have a 3000+ on the MSI K8N Neo Plat, which everything seems to run hot on this board. Is it quiter than whatever cooling you were using before?

Its the same rig thats in my sig. My chip tops out around 2.4 on water but I'm using 268fsb. I did play around with phase change for a couple of months and was able to run 2.7GHz with this chip.

As far as noise goes, it depends on how fast I have the fan running. When I turn it down, I can't hear the computer at all. But even at full speed, its pretty quiet and not very noticeable

Oops didn't even notice your sig. Thats great to hear. Now to figure out exactly what parts I am getting, that arent sold out everywhere.

What case is that? Good job fitting everything in, can you get some better pics of the top of it where you mounted the heatercore?

where did the powersupply go/ and or fan for it, looking at stock pics not seeing it in yours...also where is your res?

The PSU is just to the left of the heatercore, it has a blue see-through "cover".
I'm not using a Res, I used to use them, but in this instance, a T-line was much easier and made for a cleaner setup

oh ok so you didn't use the stock ps cover cuz it looks like the fan would be in the way..how does the T line work, I always shy'd away from it mostly because I wasn't sure how to set it up, but it would give me alot more space without having a res.

p.s. is that the T line that looks like its running up behind the psu

yea, I kinda miss the ole shrouds though haha

Yes the T line runs right behind those 2 orange 80mm fans and stops right under the psu

can you explain to me a bit how the T line setup works, how you have it blocked off, initial filling etc..thinking about doing that with my new setup im about to put together

its just a t-fitting right infront of the intake of the pump. The T line is the fill point for the system, and also bleeds the air out of it initially. I don't have it closed at the end, thats the next project ;)

Looks great. I love how clean the inside of the case is. Do you plan to put a biger fan on that heater core?

not really, I'm pretty happy with the temps/noise. Plus once the AC is back up and running, I should lose a few more C

Back