• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just orderd some A-DATA Vitesta Pc4000, any experinces from Komusa ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CandymanCan

Disabled
I orderd my stuff from Komusa but its been a whle day now and istill havent recived a e-mail confirming my order.

Is this normal of Komusa ? I guess im so used to the fast nature of Newegg.

I orderd a 512mb Pc4000 Vitesta A-DATA stick. On the 1st next month im ganna order the other 512mb stick for 1gb but for now all i had was $140. Iv been seeing great overclocks with this ram on A64 people gettig like 270+ mhz on 1:1 ratios. Thats amazing

komusa is a good little company(from my experience) after alot of research, i decided to purchase dc 2x256 stix of their pc4000 adata hyperram.i was eventally able to oc this ram STABLE to 288/292 depending on temperature. u probably wont get that good of an overclok, cause the best adata pc4000 goes into their pc4200 as an optional selection. cant remember whether they emailed me immediately or when it was shipped, they ship via usps and i got mine in 3/4 days. if u have any questions call or drop them an email, they always responded to my questions in a timely fashion.. goodluck with ur adata...

The pc4200 is overclocked why would i want that when i do the same with the pc4000.

Well time will only tell but i know some people with the pc4000 that have reach 280 thats why i got it. I also got the pc4000 cuss the pc4200 didnt mention anything about getting the Vitesta Red heatspreaders. I want the Vitesta ram so since iwasnt sure what id get with the pc4200 so i got the pc4000.

Just now noticed, Considering the 256mb sticks are single sidded and the 512mb are double sidded sure i wont be getting as high as an overclock as u maybe but then the extra 512mb wheni get the other stick will cover up for that

Last edited:
i only mentioned (not to discourage or argue with u) that nowadays those stix would be usually sold as adata pc4200 hyperram.. ( randy- komusa) so since the faster adata is generally in the 4200 there is less of a chance of getting crazy(290+)than when they had pc4000 as their fastest chips.

ok heres what i know.
komusa uses adata vitesta pc4000 in all the pc4000/4200 sticks.
what you ordered isnt hand tested probably by komusa and is just str8 from adata and is factory labeled adata vitesta

then komusa takes these same sticks and hand grades them for thier hyperam pc4000/4200 and the best get binned as pc4200.

flapperhead does know the komusa guys and methods also but ill let you guys work that out.
i personally would have went hyperam 4200 for best ocing sticks.but what your getting should have a 50/50 chance of being as good.

im gonna guess anything over 250fsb is gonna be 2.5-4-3-5 at best and lowest timings.
but standard is 3.0-4-4-8 and some 2.5-4-4-7 on most sticks running above 250fsb

flapper,

You trouble maker. :)

Hey, CandymanCan,

I'm not sure why you got the impression that there was an argument starting, but I'm believe that it was just a missunderstanding; flapper is a good guy who has had lots of contact with Randy @ Komusa about their HyperRam. He was just trying to offer up his experience with them, that's all.

On the whole, I think most people have been pleased with Komusa's ram products.

I never had the impression he mentioned that in his post. Anyway well first people recomend the pc4000 now they say the pc4200, Its only $125 a stick which is cheap. When i order my other 512mb stick I'll just order a pc4200 one. Then later on just order another pc4200 and stick the pc4000 in my 2500 system.

I just sold my house and made $88 grand on it so i can buy anything in the next week or so. Thankx for youre help guys, right now tho im just a little worried that my order didnt go through or something cuss i still havent got the confirmation e-mail they said they do.

Maybe I'll give them a call. The 3-4-4-8 Timmings dont bother me at all I just want the ram to run @ high speed using the 1t timming anything else is fine by me

id have no fear or doubts about them not running at least 280fsb dual channel.
and to be honest isnt much performance boost when lowering timings from 3.0-4-4-8 to 2.5-4-4-7 so both do almost the same.

id just call or email komusa,i send an email a few days back and they responded within 2-3 hours. really fast and good answers for me :)

hey flapper may i reference when i email randy lo at komusa? Im wondering if he can give me a gig of cherry picked pc4200.

situman said:
hey flapper may i reference when i email randy lo at komusa? Im wondering if he can give me a gig of cherry picked pc4200.
[email protected] thats the addy i used. may ask personally for randy tho in the email.

Can they do that ?
eh you would be suprised what a few emails and some extra $$$ can do :)

look at my thread here in memory section with me and flapperhead and ocz.

i think the next step in memory retailers/companys will be personal services for things like this! they will still make money as they can charge more and we win by getting exactly what we want.
plus think of the added sales?!

situman said:
they have done it in the past. randy speed tested some for me last year,(extra 20.00).cant hurt to ask.. last time i talked to him(email)i was nagging him for some ddr600 . to his credit he said they could get SOME to run 290/295, but thats it. i dont know if dropping my name(if thats what ur asking) will help, but ur sure welcome to use it.come to think of it- he owes me a favor for referring his adata hyperram to cluboverclockers for a review...tell him mike from overclockers.com. if u tell him flapperhead he might think its a joke.... lol

edit: candyman, now that i think of it, they usually reply pretty quick. if u think they didnt get the order or something like that, u may want to call. its better to be safe than sorry... flapper

Last edited:
I just called them and they havent charged my account yet so i changed my order from the pc4000 to the pc4200 with copper heatspreaders. Thanx for yer help. So do ya think the pc4200 Adata with copper heatspreaders will overclock good ?

The guy on the phone said just what u said that the pc4200 is the pc4000 ram they overclocked and tested to run @ pc4200 he said its better to go witj this ram for overclocking. Thanx again, This place is cool no problems at all changing the order.

CandymanCan said:
I just called them and they havent charged my account yet so i changed my order from the pc4000 to the pc4200 with copper heatspreaders. Thanx for yer help. So do ya think the pc4200 Adata with copper heatspreaders will overclock good ?

The guy on the phone said just what u said that the pc4200 is the pc4000 ram they overclocked and tested to run @ pc4200 he said its better to go witj this ram for overclocking. Thanx again, This place is cool no problems at all changing the order.

most guys running this setup, get 280/290's. a wise decision...

Back