• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Miniport Driver Could Not Be Loaded

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mastersniper01

Registered
I have recently purchased an ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe motherboard, on which the Gigabit Ethernet did not work. In the properties of the device in the Device Manager, it said the device cannot start. I've contacted multiple people and they all said something's wrong with the motherboard, but I could not afford 2 weeks to RMA it, so I bought a Network Card, an Intel PRO/1000 MT Gigabit card. When I installed it yesterday, it said the same problem as with the onboard LAN. I'm thinking there's something wrong with the drivers... or is it the hardware? In the program that comes with the drivers, the 'Problem' section read: The miniport driver cannot be loaded. I wonder, what is this? I remember seeing something about the miniport driver for the onboard LAN as well. Can anybody tell me what I can do to resolve this problem?

(I hope I posted this in the right section...)

First answer these questions for yourself:

1 Did you disable any programs or system settings?
2 Have you flashed you BIOS lately?
3 Did you check your MOBO manufacter's site for any chipset updates?
4 Does windows currently have SP2 installed? if so uninstall it.
5 Scanned for a virus lately?

hope this helps

Back