• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3rd Stick Added, Dual Channel Enabled

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Strangely enough, i had Kbyte 2x256 PC 2100 in my boards first 2 slots. My friend was going though throw out a stick of 256 so i said ill take it. I put it in my 3rd ram slot, and now my system is running in Dual Channel mode. How the heck can that happen? It isnt even the same brand of ram. Its Elixer PC 2100 256mb, is it possible for that stick to be working with one of the kbyte sticks? Can someone explain how that works please :) In my bios i also pushed for CAS 2.5...Thanks

ziggo0 said:
Strangely enough, i had Kbyte 2x256 PC 2100 in my boards first 2 slots. My friend was going though throw out a stick of 256 so i said ill take it. I put it in my 3rd ram slot, and now my system is running in Dual Channel mode. How the heck can that happen? It isnt even the same brand of ram. Its Elixer PC 2100 256mb, is it possible for that stick to be working with one of the kbyte sticks? Can someone explain how that works please :) In my bios i also pushed for CAS 2.5...Thanks

It runs in DC, but the 3rd stick dosnt run in *full* DC, it runs in parital. I remember seeing a thread about it somewhere but I cannot remember where.

Back