• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo pc3700 CH5's???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

g0dM@n

Inactive Moderator
I have the micron Buffalo pc3700 512's. I have three of them and they just plain out suck on my NF7-S and my brother's NF7-S!! These are the mT -5B C chips. They cant hit over 223fsb in single channel 1x512, and they can't do 2x512 dual 200fsb.

Buffalo Tech offered me Winbond CH-5's. Should I RMA it back to tblmemory.com for a refund or swap them for some CH-5's? I need to know within the hour.

Please just give me a brief message... perhaps a "refund" or "CH-5" would be a good response? :)

I also am waiting on those sticks for an RMA from them. I was told they run 250 2,2,2,X in a DFI board so they should be pretty good. I would go for them, at the very least they can't be worse than the Micron.

No, the new CH-5 can do pretty good- if you think that they're still CH-5 ;)

Some guys at xtremesys did achieve something like 2-2-2-11-1t up to 220MHz, but they all used over 3.2V... not really what I personally like

These CH-5's I'm getting are leftovers that BuffaloTech held onto for RMAs. The guy at Buffalo, Bruce, said that the BH-5's were stopped in October (which he's has ZERO of) and the CH-5's were stopped in March.

He said he held onto the CH-5's as replacements for RMAs.

Hey, wannaoc, you had the same exact micron pc3700 buffalo 512's as me? I had three. One of them I'm being refunded for, and the other two are going to be replaced. I was told they own on DFI as well, but that they can do tight timings at about 440mhz on ABIT. Tom from TBL memory said that the CH-5's can run like the BH-5's if I pass this certain threshold of voltage if I did a VDimm mod. He said the chips have built-in regulators of some sort to keep it at lower voltage, and once you crack that limit they will "be like BH-5's." That's what he said... I'm not so positive, but yeah they handle 250mhz 2-2-2 on DFI's, BuffaloTech said.

I have some CH-5 over 3+ volts they are really suppose to fly. I'm limited to 2.75, but I think I'm going to buy the OCZ DDR Booster. Not bad chips though.

My boards are volt modded so I have no problem running high volts in those babies. :D I did forget to mention that he did say it woud take 3.3V to achieve the speeds I said above but thats pretty normal. I can't wait for them to get here! I haven't had some good ram in quite a while.

So you also had the Buffalo PC3700 512's? Where did you get them?

Polargoat said:
i got some buffalo pc3700 winbond from newegg today, supposedly bh5

I bought two of them. If it's Winbond and it's Buffalo PC3700 then it's DEFINITELY BH-5. If it is not BH-5 then that means it's not Winbond. If it's not Winbond then they labelled it wrong and will have to give back a full refund. If they give back a full refund I only lose out on about $2 to ship it back.

It's worth a shot. Lotta ifs, but worth the shot. I'll let you all know which they are. They will be arriving tomorrow, unless I actually drive to the sort facility to get it. I will post once I find out.

What a shame that german shops do not say wether it's winbond chips on the modules or not.
Buffalo is not that known here...

Back