• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze3 without sand blasting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

Ok so I ordered a copper top for my trusty maze3. There is a small ammount of spider cracks in the lexan and I am going to do some chill cooling so I thought I should get a copper top for the lower temps.

I ordered a top for $13 and low and behold I get the whole water block in the mail. Now I'm not complaining one bit. But looking at my first maze3 and the one in my hands now there is one big difference. The new one dosn't have any of the dimples (sand blasted right) in it. If I use the new one, how much will that effect temps? It has the maze just not the little dimples everywhere.

its such a small increase in turbulence, it probably won't show any noticible difference.
I believe its more of a 'clean finish' then a preformance add-on.
i would pick the one that looked better finished on the bottom of the block, the flatness.

Back