• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Maze4 GPU on 6800 vidcard possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lapino

Does any1 know if it's possible to fit a Maze4 GPU block on the new nvidia 6800GT videocards? I have a Maze4 and would like to use it (to keep noise down mainly) and I don't want to spend money to get the new 6800 cooler DangerDen is developing (it'll cost +125$ !!)

Well the Maze4 GPU block page on the DangerDen site hasnt been updated to include 6800s and I havent seen pics anywhere of people using them on 6800s which possibly means that the mounting holes on the 6800 are different from the FX series. The quickest way your going to find a definitive answer is just to email or call DangerDen and ask them if it will work. Also where did you hear the new 6800 block is going to be $125? They havent mentioned the price on their site yet but will sometime this week. Was where you saw this info from someone who works at DangerDen or mere speculation from some random forum member?

I sent an email to DangerDen asking when the 6800 block would be available and also asked if they had an idea of the price. The answer I got was pretty straightforward, saying it WILL cost about 125€ and the reason for the cost is they have to use a LOT of copper to make this thing work

Back