• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Current External W/Cing Project

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Moony349

Here are some pics of my current project. The components are:

Iwaki Md-30RZ
2-342 Rad
Criticool Waterplant Res
4 120mm Panaflo M1A's
Tygon 1/2'' ID tubing
No Blocks yet (Waiting on Cathar's Storm)

I have some Cold Cathodes, UV blue dye and the plexiglass top with the dragon emblem is UV reactive also. Should look pretty cool when it's done.

Here are the pics:

http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=10124

Last edited:
Bah goddamn daily usage limit. Thanks for the comments guys. Keep em' coming...along with suggestions. I'll be posting more pics as the project goes forward.
EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
Okay update on the project. I haven't had that much time to work on it but I've made some progress. Here's a couple pictures to give you guys an idea of where I'm going. I've added a second heatercore, moved fans around so that they are not in a push/pull anymore and just pulling, made a box around the pump which will have a 120mm fan on top, and added sound absorbant foam to the box. Tell me what you think, I haven't added water to the system yet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Holy cow, if the watercooling doesn't work out, you can have yourself burried in that box...watercooled cadavers simply must last longer than others :D

Nice move on the aircooled pump...looking good!

Thanks Dig, lol good call on the coffin. Originally the pump was extremely loud because of cavitation so I built that enclosure to deaden the sound. I'm going to be putting sound absorbtive material around the pump. However, the cavitation was caused by a lack of back-pressure in the system and the sound should go away when I introduce waterblocks to the loop. Regardless, my work must not go to waste...so I'll be keeping the enclosure.

Back