• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Capturing Video Cam and I need HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thetruthga

I have MMC 9.0 with an ATI VE capture card paired with a 9800Pro. Heres the deal I can easily capture from Video Cam. using Windows Media Encoder but I couldnt find out how to convert .wmv files into .mpg2 so that I could burn them onto DVD disc using TMPGenc b/c TMPGenc doesnt support .wmv files. So then I realized I could capture from my Video Cam. using ATI MMC 9.0 as .mpg2 files but this software hangs after about 5 minutes of capturing and I dont know what to do. I would like to convert my .wmv files to .mpg2 files so that I can burn them onto a DVD but im not sure if after converting them they will be usable in TMPGenc.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

thetruthga said:
I have MMC 9.0 with an ATI VE capture card paired with a 9800Pro. Heres the deal I can easily capture from Video Cam. using Windows Media Encoder but I couldnt find out how to convert .wmv files into .mpg2 so that I could burn them onto DVD disc using TMPGenc b/c TMPGenc doesnt support .wmv files. So then I realized I could capture from my Video Cam. using ATI MMC 9.0 as .mpg2 files but this software hangs after about 5 minutes of capturing and I dont know what to do. I would like to convert my .wmv files to .mpg2 files so that I can burn them onto a DVD but im not sure if after converting them they will be usable in TMPGenc.

Any suggestions will be appreciated

i would love to go into detail but theres has been so many of these type threads in the past weeks so i will just point you one direction. videohelp.com has everything you will need to know with great guides. goto convert section and find wmv to DVD MPEG2. thats what you're looking for.

btw either you have a really old version of tmpgenc or something is terribly wrong cause tmpgenc will encode wmv to whatever format you want. im using tmpgenc 3.0 xpress.

Sonny said:
You can use VIRTUALDUB to capture in RAW AVI then use TMPGEnc to convert to MPEG or you can use Nero's DVD Plug-In to convert the AVI to MPEG.

nero or basically any other program that has built in converters don't offer much options as to how you convert ie vbr. thats my only beef with them

Back