• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vdimm booster applicable 2 A64s?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

metzeric

Registered
Hello guys... I just want to ask if the OCZ Vdimm booster is applicable to A64 boards. I have decided to jump to the A64 bandwagon and will start ordering the necessary parts next week. I might order the Vdimm booster as well in case it is applicable to the A64 set-up..
Another thing is I have a Hynix memory that will run above 250FSB @ [email protected]... Will this be good enough to pair with the A64?
Any reply is highly appreciated... Thanks for reading...

as long as u have 184 ddr1 pinouts i asume it should work..hynix chips are pretty universal so they should work. as for the vdimm booster,its hard to say,if u want every ounce of performance get the booster. i remember my nitro stick crappin out at 290mhz. when i hit it with 3v it went to 310 mhz.. i was glad i had the extra volts...

I too plan on getting the vdimm booster, so if you have the money I recommend it right now for you (i dont... hehe)

Also, those are pretty loose timings on your ram, I would think the a64 would like tighter timings better, not positive though, I'm an intel guy but thats just what i've heard

The A64's aren't as picky about tight timings as the XP series are. So the hynix with those timings should work fine. I need to pick me up one of those vdimm boosters!!! I am board limited at 2.75 :(

I would be iffy to run a voltage booster bc amd64s on die mem controller craps out from voltage, Im still waiting for the first thread of "omg i killed my a64 with booster"

KKAT said:
The A64's aren't as picky about tight timings as the XP series are. So the hynix with those timings should work fine. I need to pick me up one of those vdimm boosters!!! I am board limited at 2.75 :(

Well, I stand corrected, thanks for setting me straight

SK8 said:
I would be iffy to run a voltage booster bc amd64s on die mem controller craps out from voltage, Im still waiting for the first thread of "omg i killed my a64 with booster"

Yea thats what i'm worried about. Killing my cpu using the booster. Would it be safe to assume that increasing your vdimm voltage would increase voltage through the cpu as well? I'm not going to risk it becuase i spent all of the money I have and then some (bank didnt like that) on upgrading to a 64 bit platform.

That's what am afraid of too.. Killing a newly bought A64 with a booster.. I can no longer buy one to replace it just incase.. My wife's gonna kill me :D

Back