• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need you lot to make me a Water setup !

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StonedOne

As the title says. Can some of you people in the know put to gether a list of EVERYTHING i need to cool the CPU and GPU in my comp. A64 + x800XT.

My budgit is £200 - £250. please can u list all the best thngs i can get for that sort of money, please include all tubes and conectors and all that (as i have no idea wot size tubes and stuff i need). i dont think i want a resivour as ill make one my self :) Also would a heatercore from a car be better than a custom made rad like blackice ?

But please make a list and the prices of EVERYTHING i need, using the best stuff posible for my budget of £200 - £250.

Thanks all !! i have no clue lol.

Welcome to the forums.

Your question is an important one, but you have no idea how many members come in and ask the same questions as you....that should make searching for answeres much easier.

To the forum members that blindly reply to this with a "good setup":

feed a man a fish, he eats for a day
teach a man to fish, he eats the rest of his life.

StonedOne, we are here to help, but you have to help yourself first. I would be glad to answer and more specific qurstions you may have.

Last edited:
READ THE STICKIES FIRST

personaly i dont think anyone likes being told to do someone elses work for them . its your system. you do the research .

well i have done research but i cant decide which is best. swiftech or dangerden or somthing else (for the GPU and CPU blocks) ?

if u wer to make a water setup with my budget and sys specs what would you buy ? i want this to be best performance possible btw. Once i hear your suggestions it will give me a better idea as to what is good, then i can go research some more.

(thanks for the kind welcome aswell :beer: )

Just make sure you get a pump that has a high GPM. I am taking some engineering classes now and we are learning about water cooling. There is a formula that determines if your setup is cooling sufficiently. One of the things that made the biggest impact on the goal of achieving turbulent flow was having a high GPM pump. The theory of turbulent flow is stated in the Reynolds’s equation if anyone wants to look it up.

well i can buy everything in the uk. thats not a problem.

ok heres some specific question. Would you get the latest swiftech A64 and Radeon water blocks or the latest Dangerden maze 4s ?

Would buying a rad from blackice be worth the price over getting one out of a car ?

What pump would you class as the dogs bolloks ?

you can't do much better than dangerden's TDX, maze4gpu, and DD12V-D4 pump. they also have a great price on clearflex60 1/2" ID tubing ($10 for 10ft). From them you can get fittings, and even heatercores and fans. Or you can buy locally and mod it yourself.

They're a great online shop btw :)

The swiftech MCW6000/2 is MUCH better than a maze4.

Source: http://www.procooling.com/html/pro_testing.php

lower c/w is better

black ice is only better if you cannot find a heatercore that is the physical size you need.

What do you mean by "dogs bolloks"?

crimedog said:
you can't do much better than dangerden's TDX, maze4gpu, and DD12V-D4 pump. they also have a great price on clearflex60 1/2" ID tubing ($10 for 10ft). From them you can get fittings, and even heatercores and fans. Or you can buy locally and mod it yourself.

They're a great online shop btw :)

greenman100 said:
To the forum members that blindly reply to this with a "good setup":

feed a man a fish, he eats for a day
teach a man to fish, he eats the rest of his life.

lol sorry greenman. but these posts don't propagate each other. if each one can be closed with one reply then there's a lot less headache and explaination.

going to fix the quote sig now, even though i really liked that one ;)

personaly i think it should read

build a man a fire and you warm him for a day

set a man on fire and you warm him for the rest of his life
=P

Just make sure you get a pump that has a high GPM.
no you need a balance of head preasure to gpm.
your pump will be useless if you have a 10000gpm pump and it cant push water through your loop

yep

I know how stonedone feels. I knew all the major componants i needed when I got started but when you are at a site trying to order everything its tough to know everything you need when you have never built one. I dont mean stuff like the rad and the pump, I mean how many feet of tube, how many connecters, and the stuff that you would not think of when you first order. Just my opinion.

in response to seaborn, I think one should think it through first and decide what components to get. Then one needs to think about how they will be arranged and what connectors are needed (if any). The person who wants the setup needs to think about it and everybody else can't say how many feet of tube or how many connectors since the rest of us don't know that you are planning to do. I hope that made sense.

Back