• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hex editing, urgent help needed please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoPK!!!11

Hi, is there anyway at all to hex edit a file while it is running? does anyone have a program for this?

I've tried loads of hex editors but they all seem to say "file in use" etc

Surely they is some way? please help

Stiffler69 said:
why so u can edit ur trojan on someone else computer???

Erm no... I've never made a "trojan" in my life.. and wouldn't no what to do anyway, idiot.

sush with the name calling children, or ill call a moderator/mommy!

but no, you can't edit an open file, just make a copy of it, and edit that. then end the processes, replace the file and then restart it.

Xenocide said:
sush with the name calling children, or ill call a moderator/mommy!

but no, you can't edit an open file, just make a copy of it, and edit that. then end the processes, replace the file and then restart it.

Guess that's all I can really do, thanks for help.

ps.
ignore.JPG

it's not hard to ignore retards =]

sweet ignored me excellent job kido, glad u didnt ask how to ignore someone, but u found it out urself ;)

Why in the hell do you think he's makeing a trojan just because he asks about a hex editor???
Man someone has something up their *bleepers*

If he was making a trojan why would he be running it? And how does Hex = Trojan? j/w

Anyway, what kind of proggy are you edditing? Is it a windows os file? If so you'll have to make a copy of it and then edit the copy.

Keep it civil please.

Stiffler69 - Don't throw accusations like that around for no reason.
NoPK!!!11 - Don't start petty name calling on these forums, and pics of your ignore list aren't appropriate either.

If you have a problem with someone, take it up privately with them and don't crap threads on the forums.

Thank you,

David

David said:
Keep it civil please.

Stiffler69 - Don't throw accusations like that around for no reason.
NoPK!!!11 - Don't start petty name calling on these forums, and pics of your ignore list aren't appropriate either.

If you have a problem with someone, take it up privately with them and don't crap threads on the forums.

Thank you,

David

What he said

derailed1.jpg

Back