• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Booster at SVC computers. Just ordered mine.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes and i think u have to manually measure the vtt even after the vmodd. at least i had to on my ic7.

i have the booster in a NF7-s rev2 mobo. (no VTT mods)
memory (BH-5) that would only do 225 (2,3,2,11) is now doing 240 (2,2,2,11). tho i have not Prime tested for longer than 10 min (yet)

i dont think the booster is a great match for the NF7-s, but it does seem to help.
here is a thread with most of the things ive noticed while using the booster:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39552

GOOD LUCK

I just ordered mine as well. I will be putting it on a ASUS P4P800 board with Buffalo 3700 memory (BH-5 modules). I hope they like the voltage! I am running it at 275 FSB, 5:4 divider, 2.5-3-3-6 right now. I would like to drop the timings to 2.5-2-2-5 and get some more FSB speed!

Joe Camel said:
i have the booster in a NF7-s rev2 mobo. (no VTT mods)
memory (BH-5) that would only do 225 (2,3,2,11) is now doing 240 (2,2,2,11). tho i have not Prime tested for longer than 10 min (yet)

i dont think the booster is a great match for the NF7-s, but it does seem to help.
here is a thread with most of the things ive noticed while using the booster:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39552

GOOD LUCK

what vdimm are you at?

Can someone give me a link to CVC computers or at least what the actual name is? Google search of CVC is not being productive. I'm looking for one of these OCZ dimm voltage things too.

batboy said:
Thanks... that explains why I couldn't find it... and yes, I'm getting old.

I'd wait for a Newegg refurb. Someone is bound to buy one and try to use it with an incompatible mobo, like mine :(

Well considering Newegg doesn't even have new ones in stock right now, it's gonna' be a while until they get refurbs. ;)

True, but there's very little advantage to being an early adopter with this thing. In time they will become more affordable and mobo compatibility will become more clear.

roll+call said:
what vdimm are you at?

MBM says 3.4v... after "calibrating" the booster, i dont trust the readout...

after a few more days of "playing" with this thing, ive come to the conclusion that it does help you get a higher FSB (and tighter timings) but my max OC has not gone up...(gone down a little actually)...VTT (im assuming)

GOOD LUCK to all the NF7-s users ;)

Ya I do need some luck. :p I'll try the booster without a vtt mod. Then I'll probably pace the floors for a couple of days, and attempt the mod. :eek: I'm pretty confident I can solder that. :-/

Back