• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LGA775 DDR Booster

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

beau_zo_brehm

will the DDR Booster thingy thats been talked about lately fit the new lga775 boards? (assuming it has the proper amount of DDR slots) it dosnt say anything on the compatability page about the lga775 boards. if the board has 184 DDR pin slots than why wouldnt it fit?

The DDR Booster is for DDR-I boards, it won't work on DDR-II boards. I haven't seen any DDR LGA775 boards yet, though the 915 chipset will support DDR.

there are alot of hybrid boards out there and being built. sean is refering to the actual pin out of the ddr booster. it conforms to ddr1 pinouts..

flapperhead said:
there are alot of hybrid boards out there and being built. sean is refering to the actual pin out of the ddr booster. it conforms to ddr1 pinouts..

eh? :eh?:

since im new to this can someone please just give me a... "yes".... or "no" answer? :p

well if your running DDR 1 (most common style) yes it will work

if your running DDRII, brand new stuff, hella expensive, no it won't work

all depends on what LGA775 mobo you buy

Xenocide said:
well if your running DDR 1 (most common style) yes it will work

if your running DDRII, brand new stuff, hella expensive, no it won't work

all depends on what LGA775 mobo you buy

ok, thx! so that means that on the board i have selected it should work....

Back