• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Canadian Vendors?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tekko

I'm interested in W/C and have been reading up a lot on it. My question is anyone knows a good vendor that has most or all that is require(thinking mostly about hoses, clamps, additive and all the other small things most vendors tend to forget) so I don't have to go buy stuff all over the place. Canadian sites are prefered since the exchange rate is a killer.

Try:

Bigfootcomputers.com (Canada)
Criticool.com (Ships to Canada)
Dangerden.com (Ships to Canada)

For starters. And I can tell you right now, I've verified all the canadian sites for pricing and compared to US sites such as Excaliberpc.com (they don't have much in terms of watercooling unfortunately). You'll actually save by buying in the US, and especially for smaller parts.

For example, at Excaliberpc.com, the A64 2.2Ghz 3200+ is $219.00 which is approx. $292 CAD with today's exchange rate if you use your credit card. That is not bad at all. Some items you save even more... check the OCZ EB 3700 RAM. ;)

However, I did find that Bigfootcomputers.com had some great prices on watercooling gear right here in Canada - check that out.

Good luck

Check out www.vibecomputers.com as well.

I'm not sure why they aren't that well known though. Their prices for normal parts are so-so, but they have a pretty good supply of WC needs.
They even have dangerden blocks. :)

edit: but i think they stopped carrying swiftech products for some reason.

thanks...I'll keep then in mind andI guess I'll start looking into what I'll put into my system

I got my stuff (except rad) from:
Vibe (Vancouver, BC) - had issues with Swiftech, so they stopped carrying them
CritiCool (Calgary, AB)
Bigfoot (Toronto, Ont)

I just bought all my DD stuff from vibe, but got my pump from Bigfoot (Vibe "didn't know" what version the WCP600 was...).

Parts I just hit Home Depot and Crappy Tire (cheaper for the PVC tee I got as well as clamps) to get tubing, clamps, anitfreeze etc as both stores are only 4 blocks from my house.

NCIX lists alot, but only some swiftech is in stock. If you call you might find everything at once there, but check about times, then double check ;)

There are very few Canadian suppliers really, I just went through all this myself :(

Bigfoot has free shipping on 100+ orders, which could make the difference for you. I think I ordered wednesday and picked it up monday, and I live in Vancouver :p

e-compuvision is another Toronto company, but wanted $42 dollars to ship the pump I got from bigfoot for free shipping.... (both listed same price tag though). could be just a bad estimate though.

Heater core was from the local rad shop down the street, $30 cash and 1/2" tubing fits over the existing Perfectly, couldn't make it better if I tried. (I am going external custom box for rad and fans though.)

Hope this helps :)

I have used Biggie's free shipping policy a few times now. Very useful.

ps: I'm from Victoria, but working in Calgary this summer. Just one month left before I can see ocean again! :bday:

www1.ncix.com looks like a good site..

were in calgary are you? its my hometown

EDIT: i just looked at CritiCool .. looks like a good site.. i wonder what the store looks like. toobad i am going away camping this week ..so on monday will go down there and check it all out.. maybe write a review

Last edited:
I got most my stuff from Bigfoot :)
except for my DD blocks from vibe, and after many troubles with there servise I wont be ordering or recomending them
GO BIGFOOT!!!

I bought alot of stuff from NCIX since it is down the street from me. Most of the time I have no problems with them, but one time I got the wrong sales person and <insert 30 minute rant with colorfull language here>.

When things are in stock it's great, when things are 2-5 days ordering, just make sure to phone/e-mail to REALLY check what the availablity is. The selection is quite large and not everything is updated every minute.

Prices are decent on alot of stock so one stop shopping was great for me.

wizard james said:
www1.ncix.com looks like a good site..

were in calgary are you? its my hometown

EDIT: i just looked at CritiCool .. looks like a good site.. i wonder what the store looks like. toobad i am going away camping this week ..so on monday will go down there and check it all out.. maybe write a review

Moving this weekend, a couple mins away from the Northland Canuck Tire (Shaganappi & Crowchild).

CritiCool is a side business for Sean Richards, so he runs it out of his home. I've been over there a couple times now, and it's always great talking to him. Send him an email first. ;)

Bigfoot and Criticool rock!! :attn:.. Vibe is okay.. they stopped carrying swifty cus siwfty won't accept Canadian RMA, I e-mailed Gabe @ Swiftech, according to him swiftech accepts Canadian RMA's..

*EDIT*

Last edited:
mR|bUNgLe said:
I got most my stuff from Bigfoot :)
except for my DD blocks from vibe, and after many troubles with there servise I wont be ordering or recomending them
GO BIGFOOT!!!

BigFoot now carries all DD blocks :clap: ..GO BIGFOOT!!! :attn:

I vote for vibecomputers. Excellent service and great prices. My orders have always shipped within 2 days, the others orders I simply picked up at their warehouse location.

I purchased my DD TDX block from Dangerden and ended up paying about $10-15 more after the exchange, shipping, and taxes (should have waited until vibe stock it).

Beware the people telling you to just buy from the US and deal with exchange rate. They aren't telling you that you will have to pay 7% GST to receive the item and they aren't telling you that some shipping companies (UPS ground for sure) charge a hefty "customs brokerage fee" for getting your package through customs. At LEAST $20CAD and as much as $40-50 if the item is more expensive. It's enough money to make the expensive Canadian stuff ultimately a better deal usually.

Some general comments on the bigger Canadian webstores:
Vibe, dangeo, and ncix are all pretty mediocre in my experience. They regularly take 2-3 days to get an order shipped. Coming from the US where newegg has orders out the same day fedex, and in your hand 2 days later, it seems like crappy service to me. Dangeo triple charged my credit card for an order the other day, so I had almost $500CAD tied up with them. They charged it back the next day, but the ****ers shouldn't have been charging the card before they shipped the order anyway. I don't like to deal with companies that charge right away; an authorization or hold is the REPUTABLE way to do things

Back