• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WindowSEXp/98 Netwerkin'

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

matrixman

Registered
:bang head :bang head

i have a laptop with win98 S.E. installed, and i have an XP Pro machine with cable modem installed on one of two of my NIC cards, the other NIC card is connected to my switch, from the switch i have an MAC g5, 2 other XP Pro machines, and my laptop, all machines can "see" each other 4 file sharing, including my laptop!!! but here's the kicker!!.... i am having a problem getting my laptop to access the internet....all other "P.C.'s" if you will, can access the internet....why not my laptop? i've even tried unplugging one of my XP Pro machines, and also my Mac g5, but to no avail!! n e thoughtZ?!?!!

:bang head :bang head

what port are you plugging the laptop into?...and how many port switch is it?...is it possible your plugging it into an uplink port...or something like that?

my laptop actually dosn't have a NIC card im using a etherfast 10/100 compact USB network adapter made by linksys "plugs into the USB port of my laptop, which has a NIC adapter on the other end" device manager has no conflicts with it..and my switch is defaulted to auto uplink.
i also have tried to plug cable from laptop into other portz, including ports that the other machines r on...

Back