• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New parts for my rig, yay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
aight got my ram today (pc3700 2x512 mt -5bc)..ordered it the day before yesterday.Newegg is fast as usual.w00t!

aight, right now i got the fsb at 255 with the 5:4 divider 2.5-3-3-6 running good.going to try and go higher.

cant wait to get the ocz booster which is suppose to show up on wednesday. svc slow like usual. meh...

keep me posted, if u could go higher than 275, then i guess i will buy the booster :) right now, im rock stable...

well right now im at 260 with 2.5-3-2-6 burst 8 with everything enabled and i might be able to go a lil higher but not much before i get bsod. Not sure if i need more voltage or if my cpu is maxed at 3.2.kinda bummin me out.

sandra says above 5200 on both scores.

I will mes with it more tomorrow

well, im sending this ram back and keeping my corsair. this buffalo mt -5bc will not run at spec which is really disappointing.

no im not going to even bother trying the ddr booster with this ram due to it not even running specs at 2.85. Im going to give my corsair a lil more juice and get a new cpu. a 3.0 but im not sure whether i should get the prescott or the northwood. what would you get or what have you read that is better?

using the same board, i suggest u get northwood, if u would get a new mobo.. the new prescott processor with socket 775 is better IMO :)

well im getting water cooling this october and then i will be getting peltier for x-mas so if its a heat thing with the prescott, that wont be an issue.Ive been hearing of peeps getting their 3.0 to 3.7 or 3.8 with H2O and the northwoods to about the same so Im almost thinking of going prescott for the 1mb of L2 cache. Do u still think i should go northwood with really good cooling?

got my ddr booster today. when i get home from work i will post results of this crazy lookin device. hehe

I will also post pics of my pc with it.

Back