• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this too hot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ColdFlare

Hi everyone I have a TDX Block with a eheim pump 1250 I believen a bayres, and a Heatercore, the small kind from dangerden that fits 1 120mm on each side.

I am running my athlon64 at 1.65v at 2500mhz with the watercooling. My full load is 47c and my ambient is 33c. Is this too hot?

Any help you guys can offer would be fully appreciated.

eXCeSS said:
What thermal compound are you using?
Did you apply is correctly?

AS5 yes i applied it correctly. I've tried 3 applications of it. I've tried putting some in the center and letting it spread out by itself, and I've tried spreading it myself, its the same result same temps.

Have you placed the block with paste under it, then removed it to check the imprint? If it isn't sitting correctly, you won't see an even print on the waterblock's underside. That's something to check.

If it is sitting correctly, then you may want to check flowrate through all your components. I think you might even check the accelerator plate on that TDX.

One final thing: If you're overclocked pretty hard, you're going to have high temps. I'm not sure about them being *that* high, but it's a possibility, though farfetched.

-r

Randall said:
Have you placed the block with paste under it, then removed it to check the imprint? If it isn't sitting correctly, you won't see an even print on the waterblock's underside. That's something to check.

If it is sitting correctly, then you may want to check flowrate through all your components. I think you might even check the accelerator plate on that TDX.

One final thing: If you're overclocked pretty hard, you're going to have high temps. I'm not sure about them being *that* high, but it's a possibility, though farfetched.

-r

Have checked under the block, I do get a nice imprint. I apply a lot of pressure to my blocks via the springs. My flowrate is pretty excellent. I am using #5 nozzle for my TDX. The wierd thing is with my clawhammer, the temps are way lower. With ambient at 32c I would be on full load at 38c. This is clocked at 2.4ghz with 1.65v as well. Maybe the clawhammer just has larger core surface area to dissapaint heat? But I've heard that newcastles run cooler than clawhammers.

Back