• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Access your favorites/bookmarks from any networked pc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jajmon

A co-worker of mine introduced me to this software a couple of months ago and I thought I would give it a try. It allows you access to your bookmarks via the network. I have 5 pc's in my cube at work and it was always been a pain to mirror my bookmarks on every pc, export/import etc. Some of you may have heard of Sitebar. It installs on a pc that has a web server running, can be *nix or windows. Once the server side is installed and configured, you install a sitebar extension (sidebar) on your browser, log into the sitebar server and import your bookmarks. Each pc needs to have the sitebar ext installed. (no biggy). Now You can access your bookmarks on any networked pc in your home or work. The software is pretty flexible and allows others to logon and create their bookmarks, if you configure it to allow for it.

http://www.sitebar.org/

Back