• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOnt dl MSN PLUS!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hatkeeper

Disabled
this program is full of spy, when i update my spy bot just keep saying someone is keep cahning my ieexplorer, key, and it is impossible to close it, because everytime i close it keep s coming back.

this program was originality, to give u more security, dont know what happen , but its sure something bad.

actually the msn plus is not full of spy, umm when installing it if you watch there is an i agree or disagree. most put i agree because you think you have to in order to install the plus. read it you can chose i disagree to install our sponser which yes is spyware

yeah i did it about 3 times before i realized you can disagree with installing the msn plus sponsor and it still works, a neat little trick really

If you read the EULA, or even the basic FAQ on the site you see you don't have to suport the Creator by installing the spyware.

it is not a trick, it is not a ploy, The Developer gets money from the sponcer software and gives fair warning that it contains spyware, it also installs ALL spyware to one folder for easy manual removal, since even before ad-aware and SpyBot S&D Msgplus had this sponcer feature, in version 2 it clearly said Optional beside the check box for the sponcer,

Yes I actually read it the third time around but if you are like most and just install agree and continue, you dont notice that the screen that cleverly looks like an i agree TOS for msn plus is actually for the sponsor. That being quite clever most dont really read when they install i know i dont

Well then I am sorry to say my fellow overclocker but you are not very bright,

Always get the gist of a Software that is not from a Reputable source, and even at that, some sources still need a good skim.

It is people who install blindly that are the reason for so many virus infections, and trojans, how can an Educated computer user just click ok, I could throw a nice little add on to the install file that asks if you want to clear your hard drive and have it pre selected, and you would just click yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back