• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does adata make their ic's or rebadge them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
ive never gotten a difinative answer on this.
but i hope to today.i recived and email back from adata.tw in referance to a request i had.
after the reply i decided to dig a bit deeper. the 1st email is of no referance to this other than establishing contact.

DeathStar13:
i do have a question concerning adata ram ic's if you can take the
time to answer please?
does adata manufacture their ic's that are used and marked "adata" or
are the relabled chips from other manufactuers ic's?
this is a commen practice in doing so i know, but i havent found an
answer from anyone who would really know this answer.
reason i ask is im buying some sticks of pc4200 ram adata
of course from a US retailer and i wanted to know if adata actually
makes the ic's on it or not.

i wonder if it is under licence from hynix, cause their modules/chips act JUST like d43/d5...

that is a very surprisng answer. i would have sworn relabeled d43/d5 chips..

was my thinking also.
unless this guy is a tard and guessing.
send one yourself and ask also.
http://www.adata.com.tw/en/contact.htm

also these guys disagree also :
http://pub.lorenz.bei.t-online.de/winbondlist.htm

hmmmmm and the truth is STILL unkown :(

"edit"
[email protected]
hello,
my name is XXXX XXXX and would like to know an answer to a nagging question.
i was told by [email protected] that the ic's used in your products are indeed manufactured by you and arent relabled chips from other manufactuers?

i dont doubt MR Chou's claims but im being second guessed by associates on the claim.
can you put this question to rest please?

hopefully we know more soon :)

Last edited:
If A-Data manufactured thier own ICs I'd imagine that they'd OEM them to other manufacturers like Micron does but I haven't heard of other manufacturers using A-Data ICs on thier sticks........

flapperhead said:
good idea, i think i will...
im finding being bold fun! lol

really if we need stuff answered we need to stop being so passive.
one day its gonna backfire but oh well.

ResponsiblAdult-thats the point that makes me wonder and the guy from adata.usa may be incorrect.

ResponsiblAdult said:
If A-Data manufactured thier own ICs I'd imagine that they'd OEM them to other manufacturers like Micron does but I haven't heard of other manufacturers using A-Data ICs on thier sticks........

Komusa uses A-Data chips on their Hyperram PC4200 if you pick that option.

ResponsiblAdult said:
Are you sure they use the A-Data ICs only or is the whole stick manufactured by A-Data?
komusa use adata ic's and adata pcb's and just hand pick what they use.so adata does in fact make everything on those hyperam sticks.

im awaiting further info from adata.tw corperate.

i have tested 4 sets of pc4000 capable ram modules 1 set of hynix originals(pc3200) with bt/d43 chips/kingston valueram(pc3200) with bt/d43 chips/ komusa pc4000 adata hyperram.(adata branded)/simpletech pc4000 nitro. (simpletech branded). all 4 ran 260 at 2.5.4.4.7. the kvr and hynix ran to about 265 max @ 3.4.4.8. @ 2.9v the hyperram ran to about 290/292 3.4.4.8 at about 2.9/3.0v. and my simpletech ran about the same as my hyperram at 2.9v also.(although 1 stick ran crazy fast 310mhz )with the exception of the extra speed from the hyperram and simpletech(better speed tested chips) they all reacted so similarly, i naturally assumed they were all hynix. for instance all 4 ran 2.3.3.5 up to 220 mhz.. this led me to figure they were all hyix ic's. but now ur guy says adata makes their own stuff.. so maybe i should rethink my conclusions?????

btw the simpletech nitro looked EXACTLY like the adata stix.. down to the red pcb and exact same position of all the ic's on the pcb.

flapperhead said:
i have tested 4 sets of pc4000 capable ram modules 1 set of hynix originals(pc3200) with bt/d43 chips/kingston valueram(pc3200) with bt/d43 chips/ komusa pc4000 adata hyperram.(adata branded)/simpletech pc4000 nitro. (simpletech branded). all 4 ran 260 at 2.5.4.4.7. the kvr and hynix ran to about 265 max @ 3.4.4.8. @ 2.9v the hyperram ran to about 290/292 3.4.4.8 at about 2.9/3.0v. and my simpletech ran about the same as my hyperram at 2.9v also.(although 1 stick ran crazy fast 310mhz )with the exception of the extra speed from the hyperram and simpletech(better speed tested chips) they all reacted so similarly, i naturally assumed they were all hynix. for instance all 4 ran 2.3.3.5 up to 220 mhz.. this led me to figure they were all hyix ic's. but now ur guy says adata makes their own stuff.. so maybe i should rethink my conclusions?????

No Flapperhead, I think you had it figured out correctly.

id be thinking the simpletechs are most likley made by adata.
as to rethinking it all id wait on that.its to much up in the air to me.

and yes i agree companys dont want people knowing what is used on their sticks.

ResponsiblAdult said:
Why? What's the benefit?

If A-DATA admits that it rebadges Hynix ICs, what's the incentive for buying "their" products over potentially cheaper options that may appear in the market? I'm just saying, with heatspreaders and overclocked chips and rebadged chips everywhere, the RAM industry is not the most accessible industry around.

aldamon said:
If A-DATA admits that it rebadges Hynix ICs, what's the incentive for buying "their" products over potentially cheaper options that may appear in the market.
well one point is nothing IS cheaper than adata badged ic's
mabey some hynix on some kvr sticks but even at that id still pick the adata.

deathstar13 said:
well one point is nothing IS cheaper than adata badged ic's
mabey some hynix on some kvr sticks but even at that id still pick the adata.

I said cheaper products that MAY appear.

I think "Cheaper options" also equal cheaper support/RMA options, although obviously most people in this forum know that but maybe not the general public....

Back