• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4S533-MX problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Midnight Dream

OSPF Loving Member
Ok, im not sure what is causing this. Just recently, I aquired said motherboard, the P4S533-MX, along with a 2.2GHz processor, and a few other parts. I get my old motherboard out, put this pretty new on in, and put in the CPU. Hook up my O/S hdd, to test it. Loads NICE.

Ok, so I hook all the primary things up, my cd drive and other hdds. The bootup takes around 5+ minutes. It will get past the normal POST functions, but when it goes to show the windows boot screen, it hangs at a black screen for about 5 or so minutes, then takes FOREVER to actually go into windows. Once there, things will look to be normal. I have noticed that things are SLOW to load. This computer is turning out to be slower than my 900MHz.

So I went back and looked. For some reason, whenever I have anything on a second IDE chain, the comp slows down. Dosent matter which. If I have something on the secondary chain, and nothing on the first, loads fine, and vice versa. But whenever there is something on both chains, it goes so slow. Has anybody ever had this or a problem similar to this, that they have fixed or have a solution for?

Last edited:
Ok, so I narrowed it down to one specific HDD, my secondary 15gb hdd. I moved it to a different ide chain, does the same thing. When I take it off, everything else loads fine. What about this 1 hdd could be causing the entire system to slow down?

Back