• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

added heatsinks to he PWM's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Evilsizer

Senior Forum Spammer
after adding them on my AI7 its more stable now at 3.75 with only 1.675(bios) but its reads abiteq as 1.60-1.63v. Been dual priming now for 3hrs as i write this. i first tried it with 1.65 in bios and i would restart/freeze after an hr or so. *crosses fingers for 3.8* i may need a small V bump we will see soon.

i could do 3.8 ... but needed the sinks to get the temps down for dual priming the alarm kept going off and abiteq was reading 102°c. to do 3.8 the bios was set at 1.725 or 1.75 cant remember. Abiteq said 1.65-1.68 not sure if the voltage read out is right though... so i backed it down to 3.67 still there right now... i was meaning to update that to make it 3.75 stable i needed to up to 1.7v. Seems like it needs .025v for every 5FSB i up it too so it almost seems not worth it right now..... i need to add a fan to blow over the pwm now since the temps are still kinda high with the sinks on. they were lower when the side case cover was off... Now im starting to wish i just saved a little more for a prommy or machII :bang head

*little note. after using the same voltage settingi in the bios the readout voltage in abiteq reads higher now. 3.67ghz bios 1.675v reads 1.61-1.63v*

Last edited:
after doing more priming 3.75ghz is stable with bios voltage set to 1.7v which puts it at 1.63-.65 underload and 1.63-1.65 idle... even upping the voltage .025v in the bios 3.8 is still unstable with dual prime95 so im just going to leave it at 3.67 until i get higher speed fans and a different rad. this one does not fit right in the case to its not very effective...

Back