• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How good is Shika DDR ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aviator747

Exactly how good is Shika ram? I can get a stick of 512 PC3200 2.5v CL2.5 for a $100.00 CDN. This ram is a month old. I currently have a stick of 512 Twinmos PC3200 on my NF7-S 2.0. Running a mobile 1700+ @ 2.5Ghz. On a 200 FSB.

This guy has 2 sticks for sale. If it's pretty decent stuff. I just might get both sticks.

i do not know how well their normal ram runs.. but their xram-from what ive been reading and hearing is exceptional. the pc4400 ran right along with the ocz stuff and ocz has some dynamite ram...

post a link to where you can buy it as i cant find it anywhere for sale in the pc4400

remember flapper hes talking about the pc3200 shika not the pc4400.
i emailed them to 3 days ago and no reply :(

ty and bookmarked.
isnt a bad price for pc4400 long as it performs like the test modules which i dare to say may have been hand picked samples also.

but hey options are good :)

ShikaXRam is also sold at NCIX. I'm not certain if NCIX still ships to the USA however.

Edit: It seems that it is not available right now, but you can pre-order it at least.

Aslan said:
ShikaXRam is also sold at NCIX. I'm not certain if NCIX still ships to the USA however.
wow i sure hope those are canadian prices :D

id really like to try those as im sure that company is out to make a name for itself.places liek that put alot of effort in thier products imo.

deathstar13 said:
wow i sure hope those are canadian prices :D

id really like to try those as im sure that company is out to make a name for itself.places liek that put alot of effort in thier products imo.

Well, here are the USA Prices. It's kind of sad that I buy almost all my components from this store and I didn't even notice the USA link until now. ;)

Ya, NCIX is the only online dealer that I know of. AFAIK one of my local shops can get it too.

Ya those are CDN prices at NCIX.

I wouldn't mind having a gig. :D

I don't know if it is worth me chancin it or not. I eventually want to start feedin my ram some voltage. I am at 2.9 at the moment.

Does anyone know where I could find a 512 stick of BH5 Twinmos that is available to Canada?

P.S. I meant to type Mobile 2500+ for my proc in my original post. hehe

flapperhead said:
well my friend we are gonna find out i just ordered 2 x256 stix of their pc4400 from the memory depot

cool, im interested to see your results. keep us posted! :)

flapperhead said:
well my friend we are gonna find out i just ordered 2 x256 stix of their pc4400 from the memory depot

You should have approached these guys about doing a review for them, before buying their ram. Of course, then they probably would have then cherry picked at set for you and I know that the last thing you want is for a ram manufacturer to select a couple of kickass sticks for you and your P4 to play with, right? Yeah...right.

You could have pointed them to this forum and to a couple of your "ram reviews" and let them see the number of hits they generate. Their eyes would have popped out of their heads, thinking about the sales potential in one of your reviews.

All kidding aside, this way you know that your sticks will stand a chance of being representative of what the rest of us would get. Good luck with your testing.

Reefa_Madness said:
You should have approached these guys about doing a review for them, before buying their ram. Of course, then they probably would have then cherry picked at set for you and I know that the last thing you want is for a ram manufacturer to select a couple of kickass sticks for you and your P4 to play with, right? Yeah...right.

You could have pointed them to this forum and to a couple of your "ram reviews" and let them see the number of hits they generate. Their eyes would have popped out of their heads, thinking about the sales potential in one of your reviews.

All kidding aside, this way you know that your sticks will stand a chance of being representative of what the rest of us would get. Good luck with your testing.

unfortunately, most of these companies dont pay much attention to me.,lol. one very honest site owner, told me that some memory companies actually get mad if they dont get good reviews(or if a person is honest) and refuse to send memory to them in the future. so if i buy it with my own money, you know i aint owned by anyone. and here in these forums, all u have is ur word...

flapperhead said:
so if i buy it with my own money, you know i aint owned by anyone. and here in these forums, all u have is ur word...

And around these parts, flapper, your word is about as good as it gets.

flapperhead said:
unfortunately, most of these companies dont pay much attention to me.,lol. one very honest site owner, told me that some memory companies actually get mad if they dont get good reviews(or if a person is honest) and refuse to send memory to them in the future. so if i buy it with my own money, you know i aint owned by anyone. and here in these forums, all u have is ur word...
welli hope the ram works great. as far as shikaram the comapany i sent them an email early in the week last week and never heard from them,i inquired about north american retaillers anyhow.

It's damn nice to have people like you in the community Flapperhead. :) Looking forward to your results.

P.S. Goldstandard, I got a auto response when you replied to the thread and then afterwards.

Let us know how you get on Flapper! I'd be very interested in your results... I think some PC4400 is beginning to use Micron chips ;) Merlin, a new member, had his OCZ 4400 running 270 3-2-3-8 on an NF7-S with 2.85v! :drool:

Good luck dude :D

Back