• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4200 Hyperam and the 845 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pntgrd

I picked up a gig of 4200 Adata Hyperam for a new Prescott system I am building, 2 x 512 sticks. Since I don/t have the m/b for the Prescott, yet, I decided to try the ram in my 845 system. It is an Abit BE7 with a 2.4b P4. I had a gig or XMS PC3200 in it. I ran at 168fsb with 4:5, ram was at 210. I really figured this new stuff would easily run the 3:4 which would only be 224, but no dice. It will not even post at that speed. Highest volt setting is 2.7 which it is at. Is there some problem with the 845 chipset that is could be causing this. I cannot even imagine after all I have read that it is a ram problem. I am nowhere close to the rams rating. After I post this, I am off to try 1 stick at a time. I sure hope I have better luck with the AI7 and the Prescott.

most likely an issue with with ur mb(bios?) i would think.. also the lowest timings i could get it to run was 2.3.3.5. my adata hyperram came up in cpuz as pc3200 and it seems to be friendly to most of the other people who have bought it...but ive never read about anyone here using it here in a 845 mb..

try putting your old ram in and set the bios at 2.5-4-4-7 save shut down and replace with new stuff.
might work im not sure.

Already set at 2.5/3/3/7, most relaxed allowed. I tried 150 fsb at 3:4 and it worked, but would not post at 160. It has got to be someting with the chipset. To bad I am not next door to deathstar and I could try in something besides this old 845. This will make my wait on the AI7 excrutiating, the suspense.

over night em :)
atm i can do 293fsb but may be the 5:4 divider wall snagging me.
soon ill have my ddr600 and see if i can push more out of the cpu before i sell her.

id say the ram is fine but that mobo just isnt liking that ram.
is the bios the latest also?

Older bios and I am not changing it. M/b , cpu and ram already sold. I was just playing tonite. You know how it is with new stuff.

I can't run my Hyperram at 2.7v at 2.5-3-3-7. The RAS to CAS delay probably needs to be 4, at least with my IC7 that's the case. I can go up to 283 FSB using 2.8v and 2.5-4-4-7 though.

I can't run my Hyperram at 2.7v at 2.5-3-3-7. The RAS to CAS delay probably needs to be 4
So, if I am understanding this, it IS a limitation of the 845 chipset. The only options are 2 or 3 and not 4. Looks like I will just have to wait an the AI7 to get here to really check this out.

Thanks Batboy

I have an AI7 and I know for a fact they work fine on that mobo.

I just double checked that Hyperram on my IC7. There is no way it will even boot up at 2.7v using the 2.5-3-3-7 timings even running below spec.

Last edited:
Back