• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to OC'ing memory

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

edwardaune

Hey guys,
I've oc'd my CPU to the extents of its cablilities due to cooling and now I would like to start doing something with the ram. I've already gone into the BIOS and wrote down everthing. Due to OC'ing my CPU it seems to have changed the settings for my memory timings. I have a Gig motherboard (see specs below) and it has a turbo setting that changed automatically when I bumped up the FSB. At any rate it still has a manual setting that I can go in and change. My memory settings may be good where there at. I dont know enough about this to make a decision. Here are the settings:

X T(RAS) 6
X T(RCD) 2
X T(RP) 2
X CAS Latency 2.5

If you could, would you please let me know some optimal settings (if any) that I could set and the SAFE process for doing so. Thanks for the help...

only increases i can see you make in try lowering cas latency to 2.0
also the nf2 mobos gain bandwith with the T(RAS) set to 11 usually,that will need to be tested by you in memery bandwith tests.

change your oc to 11x200 for 2.2ghz (3200+) speeds if you can, youll notice it over the 2250 mhz you have now with only 180fsb

true you may have that, but trust me, mine is locked. There was and still is 2800+ Barton core processors with a locked multiplier of 12.5. Sucks, but thats the way it is.

Back