• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ACK! windows\system32\config\System corrupt

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RangerJoe

All that is Man!
I am at CPL right now, and was told there was an overclocking contest. i was at 2.46ghz, and wanted to see if i could get my chip any higher.

so i try 12.5x200 with more voltage than before, and it says i have a corrupt file (at that location) and restart the comp, go into windows install, and repair the installation. i did all this, and go to repair, but it doesnt tell me HOW to repair it.

so finally, i boot to my scsi drive (main drive is a 120gb WD sata drive) and reload the sata drivers, restart, and the drive shows up.

now. how can i either fix the system file at c:\windows\system32\config\System (plain ol FILE), or replace it with one that does work. internet here is kind of crappy, so browsing google for a long time doesnt really work

any help would be great. thanks

do i type all of those in in one line...like

cd \windows\system32\config ren system system.old cd \windows\repair copy system c:\windows\system32\config

?

Just like this Joe, one line at a time and hitting ENTER after each...

cd \windows\system32\config + ENTER
ren system system.old + ENTER
cd \windows\repair + ENTER
copy system c:\windows\system32\config + ENTER

Last edited:
Back