• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Kit or Setup for a WC Beginner?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

icedogg9999

Hey guys,

I just got my check from my summer job, its only $200, and I'm looking into buying a watercooling kit/setup. I have a MSI KT4V Motherboard, it doesn't have the 4 holes surround the cpu socket, so I was wondering if there are any kits or cpu waterclocks will allow me to use my current motherboard instead of buying a NF7-S. I might get the NF7-S, since my current mobo is KT400, but do you guys think I will get more overclocking potential from the NF7-S? Because if it will, i will buy that. I have a Athlon XP 1700+ JIUHB DLT3C @ 2.1ghz (12.5x166 1.5v) and I have 1gb of PC2700 ValueRAM.

I'm looking for a good entry-level watercooling setup/kit that will give me the most overclocking potential for my money. And possibly a motherboard if I need one (since my current mobo has no mounting holes surround the cpu socket.

Thanks,

IceDogg

dangerden has a nice set but build it for your self you will have enought for the pump heater core water block and gpu block plus dangerden has the mounting hardware you are looking for give you some prices a heater core (77 boniville) is large and can handle 2 120 mill that is 16 bucks us a nice pump ehemi 1250 is about 60 the waterblocks and mounigh hardware is about 100 bucks but dont by you pump from dangerden they are pricy and the fans are about 24 so there you are siting very pretty at 192 bucks that is my 2 cents

Back